DR. KAUSHIK BASU
Designation : Assistant Professor
Qualification : MSc (Economics); Ph.D
Department Name : Economics
Date of Joining : 05-02-2021
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selected as Young Economist from India for participation in the Nobel Laureate Meeting (Economic Sciences) at Lindau, Germany held in August 2011.
- Received Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Fellowship for completing PhD dissertation as I secured first position in the PhD selection process of the institute.
- D M Nanjundappa Endowment Prize: This is an award, given every year in the name of Dr. D M Nanjundappa, an eminent economist, to the PhD scholar who secures the highest marks in the Pre-PhD course work.
- Basu, K. et al. (2018), ‘Combined impact of export and workers’ remittances on the import penetration in the South Asian Economies: An econometric exploration, Chapter in Arup Mitra ed. Book, Economic Growth in India: Various Issues, Orient Blackswan: New Delhi, pp.42-57
- Basu, K. et al. (2016), ‘Is multi-party coalition government better for the protection of socially backward classes in India?’, Working Paper No. 2016/109. Helsinki: UNU-WIDER.
- Basu, Kaushik, (2013), ‘Market Imperfection and optimal capital structure: Evidence from Indian Panel Data’, Global Business Review, Sage Publications: New Delhi
- Basu, Kaushik et. al. (2012), Assessing Viability of Bio-ethanol Production from Sweet Sorghum’, Energy Policy (Elsevier)
- Bhattacharya, M. and Basu, Kaushik (2010), ‘Impact of terror incidents on the Foreign Tourist Arrivals in India: an econometric exploration’, International Journal of Tourism Policy, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp.213–222.
- Basu, Kaushik (2013),“Determinants of capital structure of Indian corporate sector: evidence of regulatory impact”, Working Paper No. 306, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
SEMINAR & CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
"Too Costly to be Born: Is Rising out-of-Pocket Expenditure on Health and Education in India Shaping its Fertility Rate?" has been selected for Oral presentation in Conference on The Value of Children in Asia: Economy, Family and Public Policies organised by the Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore (NUS) during 8-9 Nov 2018, in Singapore.
Presented a paper titled “Interaction between technical efficiency and capital structure: Evidence from Indian corporate sector” at a conference jointly organized by IIT Mumbai and Manchester University, United Kingdom in IIT Mumbai from March 18th to 19th 2011.
- “Determinants of capital structure of Indian corporate sector: evidence of regulatory impact” has been selected for oral presentation in the annual meeting of Eastern Finance Association which was held in Havana, Georgia, USA during 12th-16th April 2011.
- “Determinants of capital structure of Indian corporate sector: evidence of regulatory impact” was selected for oral presentation in the 50th annual conference of South Western Finance Association which was held in Houston, Texas during 9th-12th March 2011.
- Presented a paper titled “Market imperfections and optimal capital structure: Evidence from Indian Panel data” at the International Conference 2011 held in Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta in January 2011.
- Attended Two Day Workshop on "Ambedkar for Youth and Democracy" scheduled on 25th & 26th July-2015 and organised by Centre for Studies of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy, National Law School of India University.
- Attended two day International Seminar on “Dalits and African-Americans in 21st Century: Learning From Cross-Cultural Experiences” held on 09th & 10th July, 2015 organised by Centre for Studies of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy, National Law School of India University.
- A paper titled ‘Who owns land in India: An adjoiner to Prof. Bromley’s Rousseau's Revenge’ has been co-authored and it has been presented in ‘South Asian Regional Conference of International Academic Association of Planning, Law and Property Rights’ held at National Law School of India University during 1-3 September 2015.
- Attended a Symposium organised by UN-WIDER ‘The Economics and Politics of Taxation and Social Protection’ in the Mexico-City during 8th -10th February, 2016. Presented a paper titled ‘Is coalition form of government better for protection of socially backward classes in India?’