Designation : Assistant Professor
Qualification : M.Sc (The University of Calcutta);Ph.D (The University of Calcutta);UGC-CSIR NET; GATE
Department Name : Chemistry
Date of Joining : 16-07-2015
Email Id : email@example.com
Honors and Awards:
vQualified as top scorer at the FCT-BPD post-doctoral grant Portuguese science foundation (FCT) of 2010 (First Cycle)
vQualified UGC-Junior Research Fellowships in UGC-CSIR NET held on 19th December 1999.
vQualified UGC-Junior Research Fellowships in UGC-CSIR NET held on 14th June 2000.
vQualified Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering (GATE) for Fellowship, 1998 (Percentile Score: 92.13).
1. S. Gupta, M. Kirillova, M. FátimaGuedes da Silva, A. Pombeiro, A. Kirillov, “Alkali Metal Directed Assembly of Heterometallic V/M (M = Na, K, Cs) Coordination Polymers: Structures, Topological Analysis, and Oxidation Catalytic Properties” Inorganic Chemistry, 52 (2013) 8601ISSN: 0020-1669.
2. S. Gupta, M. V. Kirillova, M. FátimaGuedes da Silva, A. J.L. Pombeiro “Highly efficient divanadium(V) pre-catalyst for mild oxidation of liquid and gaseous alkanes” Applied Catalysis A: General, 460–461, 2013, 82.ISSN: 0926860X
3. A. Jana, S. Konar, K. Das, S. Ray, J. Golen, A. Rheingold, M. Fallah El Sallah, S. Mukherjee, S. Gupta, A. Pombeiro, S. Kar. “A [2x2] Cu4 molecular grid and a Mn5 cluster derived from 1-(2-pyridyl)pyrazole based polytopic ligand - Synthesis, structure, magnetic properties and catalytic activity in the allylic oxidation of cyclohexene",; Polyhedron 62 (2013) 51.ISSN: 0277-5387
4. J. Lasri, S.Gupta, M. Fátima C. Guedes da Silva, A. J.L. Pombeiro “Copper (II)-mediated in-situ hydrolyses of pyrroline N-oxide and benzonitrile leading to a mixed ligand complex”
Inorganic Chemistry Communications18(2012) 69.ISSN: 0020-1693
5. Synthesis, structural, magnetic, DFT calculations and CShM studies of three new pentanuclearMn (II) clustersT.N.Mandal, S. Roy, S.Konar, A. Jana, K. Das, S. Ray, S. Gupta, R.Saha, M.S. El Fallah, J.Tercero, R.J. Butcher, S.Chatterjee, S.K.Kar, Dalton Trans. 41(2) (2012) 413.
6. A. Hazra, S. Gupta, S. Roy, T. N. Mandal, K. Das, S. Konar, A. Jana, S. Ray, R. J. Butcher and S. K. Kar, “Alkali metal ion mediated self-assembly of vanadium(V) ions and pyrazole based polydentate ligands leading to formation of helix, double helix and supramolecular cage like structures” Polyhedron 30 (2011) 187.ISSN: 0277-5387
7. T. N. Mandal, S. Roy, S. Gupta, K. Das, R. Saha, G. Mostafa, R. J. Butcher, C.-M. Liu, S. K. Kar, “A 1D Cu(II) coordination polymer exhibiting ferromagnetic interactions and a mononuclear Cu(II) complex of substituted pyrazole carboxylic acids: Synthesis, characterization and crystal structure” Polyhedron 30 (2011) 1571.ISSN: 0277-5387
8. T. N. Mandal, S. Roy, S. Gupta, B. K. Paul, R. J. Butcher, A. L. Rheingold, S. K. Kar , “Syntheses, characterization, X-ray crystal structures and emission properties of five oxovanadium(V) complexes with pyridyl/pyrimidyl–pyrazole derived ditopic ligands” Polyhedron 30 (2011) 1595.ISSN: 0277-5387.
9. S. Gupta, S. Roy, T. N. Mandal, K. Das, S. Ray, R. J. Butcher and S. K. Kar, “Synthesis, characterization and spectrochemical studies on a few binuclear μ-oxo Molybdenum(V) complexes of pyrimidine derived Schiff base ligands” Journal of Chemical Sciences’122 (2010) 239.ISSN: 0974-3626 .
10. K. Das, T. N. Mandal, S. Roy, S. Gupta, A. K. Barik, P. Mitra, A. L. Rheingold and S. K. Kar, "Syntheses, characterization, X-ray crystal structures and emission properties of Copper(II), Zinc(II) and Cadmium(II) complexes of pyridyl-pyrazole derived Schiff base ligand - metal selective ligand binding modes" Polyhedron 29 (2010) 2892.ISSN: 0277-5387
11. S. Gupta, S. Pal, A. K. Barik, S.Roy, A. Hazra, T. N. Mandal, R. J. Butcher and S. K. Kar, “Molybdenum(VI) complexes of a few pyrimidine derived ligands and the study of a metal mediated C=N bond cleavage resulting in ligand transformation during complex formation.” Polyhedron 28 (2009) 711.ISSN: 0277-5387
12. S. Gupta, B. K. Paul, A. K. Barik, T. N. Mandal, S. Roy, N. Guchhait, R. J. Butcher and S. K. Kar, “Modulation of fluorescence emission of 1-(2-pyridyl) pyrazole derived Schiff base ligands by exploiting their metal ion sensitive binding modes”, Polyhedron 28 (2009) 3577.ISSN: 0277-5387
13. S. Gupta, S. Pal, A. K. Barik, A. Hazra, S. Roy, T. N. Mandal, S-M Peng, G-H Lee, M. S. El Fallah, J. Tercero, S. K. Kar, “Synthesis, characterization and magnetostructural correlation studies on three binuclear copper complexes of pyrimidine derived Schiff base ligands” Polyhedron 27 (2008) 2519.ISSN: 0277-5387
14. S. Roy, T. N. Mandal, A. K. Barik, S. Gupta, R. J. Butcher, M. S. El Fallah, J. Tercero and S. K. Kar “Two anti-ferromagnetically coupled tetracopper (II) 2×2 homoleptic rectangular grids supported by both μ-O and μ-(N-N) bridges derived from a new pyrazole based polydentate Schiff base ligand – Syntheses, magnetic, EPR and DFT studies”, Dalton Trans.39 (2009) 8215.ISSN 1477-9226.
15. T. N. Mandal, S. Roy, A. K. Barik, S. Gupta, R. J. Butcher and S. K. Kar, “Unusual complexation of Cu(I) by pyrimidine/pyridine-pyrazole derived ligands exploiting the molecular function of 2-mercapto-4, 6-dimethylpyrimidine – Syntheses, crystal structures and electrochemistry”, Inorg. Chim.Acta.362 (2009) 1315. ISSN: 0020-1693
16. T. N. Mandal, S. Roy, A. K. Barik, S. Gupta, R. J. Butcher and S. K. Kar, “Synthesisand structural characterization of copper(II) and vanadium(V) complexes of pyridyl/pyrimidyl-pyrazole derived Schiff base ligands – Metal specific adjustment of ligand binding mode”, Polyhedron 27 (2008) 3267.ISSN: 0277-5387
17. S. Roy, T. N. Mandal, A. K. Barik, S. Gupta, R. J. Butcher, M. Nethaji, S. K. Kar, “Syntheses, characterization and X-ray crystal structures of Co(III) and Mn(II) complexes of pyrimidine derived Schiff base ligands”, Polyhedron 27 (2008) 593.ISSN: 0277-5387
18.S. Pal, A. K. Barik, S. Gupta, S. Roy, T. N. Mandal, A. Hazra, M. S. El Fallah, R.J.Butcher, S. M. Peng, G. H. Lee and S. K. Kar, “Anion dependent formation of linear trinuclear mixed valance cobalt (III/II/III) complexes and mononuclear cobalt(III) complexes of a pyrazole derived ligand – Synthesis, characterization and X-ray structures”, Polyhedron 27 (2008) 357.ISSN: 0277-5387
19. S. Roy, T. N. Mandal, A. K. Barik, S. Gupta, R. J. Butcher, M. S. El Fallah, J. Tercero and S. K. Kar, “A pyrazole based orthogonal ferromagnetically coupled [2×2] homoleptic square Cu4 grid: magnetostructural correlations”, Polyhedron 27 (2008) 105.ISSN: 0277-5387
20. S. Gupta, A. K. Barik, S. Pal, A.Hazra, S. Roy, R. J. Butcher, S.K. Kar “Oxomolybdenum(VI) and (IV) complexes of pyrazole derived ONO donor ligands – synthesis, crystal structure studies and spectroelectrochemical correlation” Polyhedron 26 (2007) 133.ISSN: 0277-5387
21. A. Hazra, A. K. Barik, S. Pal, S. Gupta, S. Roy, R. J. Butcher , S. M. Peng, G. H. Lee and S. K. Kar “Synthesis and structural studies on di-oxovanadium(V) complexes of N(4)-substituted pyrazole based thiosemicarbazones”, Polyhedron 26 (2007) 773.ISSN: 0277-5387
22. S. Roy, T. N. Mandal, A. K.Barik, S. Pal, S. Gupta, A. Hazra, R. J. Butcher, A. D. Hunter, M. Zeller, S.K.Kar “Metal complexes of pyrimidine derived ligands – Syntheses, characterization and X-ray crystal structures of Ni(II), Co(III) and Fe(III) complexes of Schiff base ligands derived from S-methyl/S-benzyl dithiocarbazate and 2-S-methylmercapto-6-methyl pyrimidine-4-carbaldehyde”, Polyhedron 26 (2007) 2603.ISSN: 0277-5387.
23. S. Pal, A. K. Barik, S. Gupta, A. Hazra, S. K. Kar, S.-M. Peng, G-H Lee, R.J.Butcher, M. S. El Fallah, and J. Ribas “Copper (II) Mediated Anion Dependent Formation of Schiff Base Complexes” Inorg. Chem.44 (2005) 3880.ISSN: 0020-1669.
Ongoing/Completed Research Project: NIL
Skills in Operating Instruments:
vAbsorption Spectroscopy: UV-absorption spectroscopy was used to study the Geometry and electronic environment of the metal complexes on a Hitachi spectrophotometer.
vNMR spectroscopy: 1D NMR of ligands and metal complexes were done on a Bruker DX-300 Spectrometer.
vElectrochemistry: Cyclic Voltametry was carried out using Sycopel Model AEW2 1820F/S instrument or using BAS-100B electrochemical analyzer.
vX-ray Crystallography: I am familiar with calculating molecular geometry and other parameters using Hg, Diamond, Ortep or Platon etc.
vFluorescence Spectroscopy: I am experienced in handling Perkin Elmer LS 50B fluorimeter for studying emission behavior of complexes and calculation of quantum yield.
vSkill in handling air and moisture sensitive reagents and compounds.
vSkill in preparation of X-ray quality single crystal for structural Characterization.
Current Research Interests:
v Synthesis, structural studies and investigation of catalytic properties of new metal complexes based on heterocyclic ligands
1.Seminar on Acharya Prafulla Chandra Ray and Chemistry Today (In commemoration of the 148th birth anniversary of Acharya Prafulla Chandra Ray) organized by the Indian Chemical Society, August 01-02, 2008, India.
2.Poster Presentation on International Symposium on ‘Frontiers on Functional materials’ organized by University of Calcutta, 6-7 January, 2009, Kolkata, India.
3. Poster presentation at ICOMC-2012 held in Lisbon, Portugal.